AmigaActive (1611/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:24 May 2000 at 20:09:53
Subject:Re: A few old Amiga games...

Hello tim@ramjam.u-net.com,

On 24-May-00, you wrote:

>> Ah yes, but they won't read HD disks, will they?

> Actually, unless you build some fairly interesting buffer circuitry
> (as used in the Power HD drives) there is no reliable way to convert
> a PC drive to work as HD on the Amiga. Attempting to halve the motor

I've been reading a lot of information about this very topic in the
Fusion mailing list, and from what I've seen you are correct - I
imagine the catweazel is the only way to go to get a reliable HD
floppy drive.

I'm reluctant to go for one for my A4000 unless I have to, I can
imagine all sorts of conflicts :(

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

If God wanted me to cook why did he invent restaurants?

Old school buds here: